RIT offers courses that cover a wide range of subjects, from history to maths and sciences, from a number of different countries.

But what about those which are taught by UK-based instructors?

And what are the qualifications required to teach them?

The answers are different for each subject, but the requirements are similar in all subjects.

What are the UK-specific requirements?

The UK has an educational certification scheme called the Higher Education Qualifications Authority (HEQA), which was established in 2014 and is a key part of the UK’s qualification regime.

There are a number specific requirements for teachers in the higher education sector.

You must have at least a BSc, A-Level or equivalent qualification, and you must be at least 18 years of age.

You need to have a minimum of three years’ experience teaching in higher education and a minimum 3.5 years of teaching in a different subject, with a minimum requirement of 30 hours per week.

You also need to hold an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification.

If you are a full-time teacher, you also need a licence from the Higher Educational Quality Authority (HQQA) in order to teach in the teaching profession.

The HQQM also has an apprenticeship requirement, but you can only get one per year.

You can also work as a teacher if you have a degree and a certificate.

The higher qualification requirement is what is used to show that you have completed the higher qualification requirements and are a UK-qualified teacher.

What is the UK teaching qualification scheme?

The Higher Education Quality Authority provides a range of requirements for teaching in the Higher Learning (HEL) and Teaching and Research areas of the Education (Scotland) Act, 2019.

In short, these include a minimum qualification in the subject you are teaching and an associate qualification if you teach an academic subject.

You have to complete at least 12 months of training in the course you are applying for.

You will also have to take the British National Qualifications Examination (BNQE) test, which can take around one month.

You should also pass the National Teaching Examination (NTE) which will take you about two months.

The minimum requirement is a B.

Sc. and A.

Sc degrees.

There is also a Scottish National Certificate in Teaching (SNCT) and a Scottish Certificate in Advanced Teaching (SCAT).

You can learn more about the qualifications available in the education and teaching sectors in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

If your qualification is not UK-relevant, you can apply for a UK teaching certificate.

What’s the qualification test?

The HQLA website has more details on how to complete the test.

You only need to take it once to complete your teaching qualification, so if you don’t take it regularly you will need to apply again after a year or two to get it.

You are also able to apply to the HQLB for a certificate, but if you’re applying for a BTSC certificate it’s only required for teaching.

What does it cost?

You will need a minimum total of £1,250 for a full time teaching qualification and £250 for an associate teaching qualification.

A full time teacher requires a minimum period of 12 months to complete and an Associate teacher requires 3.75 years of training.

There’s also a fulltime equivalent certificate for teaching, which is a minimum 12-month term of full- time teaching.

You’ll need to pay an additional fee of £2,500 for an Associate teaching certificate if you hold a BSC or A-level qualification.

The full-timing BTSS and BTSA fees will also apply.

For further information about the HQA’s qualification requirements, see the UK Teaching Qualifications Scheme.

What do the requirements mean for me?

As with any qualification, it’s up to you to work out what the qualifications you hold in the sector you’re working in will be.

However, the requirements can be a little confusing at first.

If the subject of your teaching is the same as the one you’re teaching in, you’ll be required to take a teaching qualification test.

This is a long-form test which you will be asked to answer in a written form.

The written answers will be checked against the relevant curriculum for the subject, and the questions you will have to answer are specific to that subject.

For example, if you are looking to teach the history of the arts and humanities, you might be asked how much it costs to study at a school of arts or a school where the arts or humanities are taught.

If this is the case, you need to find out whether you are in the top 20% of your profession, which usually means that you will only need a bachelor’s degree.

If it’s the other way around, you may need to earn a BAs or BScs to get in.

If both your teaching and teaching-related qualifications are equivalent, you will also be required, by law, to complete a teaching certificate for each